Welcome to my blog! Here’s everything you need to know about me, and CraftingQueen!
Hey there, I’m Sarah Russell! Most days you can find me on the couch or in my craft room crocheting the day away. I am mostly known for my long legs (Standing tall at 5’ 10!), my long red hair and my love to craft! I’ve been told I’m pretty funny too, but my fiancé might beg to differ there. If you look around my apartment, you’d find it was “mostly” clean if you looked around all the crochet yarn and other creative projects I have thrown everywhere! I love teaching people how to craft and be creative, it’s the most fun thing in the world! I am most passionate about teaching people new things, and writing!
I serve people who are looking for a creative pastime that can bring them joy and I can’t wait to do that for you! I do my best to give people the tools to dive into their creative side and learn how to have fun! It’s time to reconnect with your inner child and dive into the world of crafts!
As a craft blogger, I’ve been blessed to be featured on FeedSpots Top 20 Beginner Crochet Blogs to Follow. It’s amazing to be featured right next to some of my favorite crochet bloggers!
My favorite pastimes outside of my blog are watching YouTube with my lovely fiancé, reading, writing, and of course crafting! During the summer, you can catch me riding my bike, or sitting on the porch and soaking up the sunshine as I plan out my blog. I am a total sunshine lover! I hate anything to do with the cold, which unfortunately for me comes about 6 months out of the year in Michigan, where I live. So, for half the year, you can find me snuggled up in a blanket (I have one in every room of the house) dreaming about the days the snow will melt, and the sun will shine!
Facts about me!
If you’re dying to hear more, here are six random things you might not know about me!
- I am what I would consider “not your typical girl” I don’t like coffee (However I love the atmosphere of coffee houses!), I don’t live for yoga pants, and I don’t stress over the perfect winged eyeliner. In fact, I’d take Pepsi over Tim Horton’s, I lounge around in jeans and couldn’t be bothered to style my hair or wear makeup, pretty much ever!
- Me and my younger sister spent around six years learning karate, one of which we actually became an instructor for. We started together, went up through the ranks together and eventually graduated at the same time with black belts at the ages of 18 (me), and (her) 15. It was the most fun I’ve ever had!
- I have a cat named Spawn. He is, unfortunately, the family pet so I had to leave him at my mother’s house when I moved out. He’s a 20-something-pound orange fur ball of love and I miss him dearly! He loves to chase shoe strings (despite not being a kitten anymore) eat, and snuggle on your lap! He’s a real-life Garfield and the friendliest cat!
- I’ve always had an interest in teaching, reading and writing. It makes me happy to teach people new things, I love a good book and I’ve always wanted to be an author of some sort!
- I went to college for an interior design degree, which I’ve taken a break on at the moment to try out this blogging dream! Interior design is a lot harder than I thought!
- I’ve only ever dated one person in my entire life, and that is my fiancé, Trevor. We’ve known each other since our very first year at school, and eventually (after some hard work from him 😉 ) We got together our senior year in school, and have been inseparable ever since! We’ve been engaged for two years, and October 2019 not only marks our 5-year anniversary, but our wedding day as well! I can’t wait to get to marry the love of my life!